Luke Harrison Barker

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Luke Meets His Great Great Grandma!


Jason, Luke and I drove down to Havre de Grace, MD to go see my Great Grandma. She is recovering from pneumonia but it damaged her throat, she cannot swallow. The Dr. has said that it is time to pay our final respects; she has not had food or water for two whole weeks-- BUT she's still hanging on! Did I mention that she is 97?!?!

We decided to take advantage of my WHOLE day off during Jason's summer break, so we drove down to MD last night and came home tonight. I last saw my Great Grandma when I was four.

Great Gram absolutely LOVED Luke! She was able to sit up holding her own head, look right at him and hold his hand. She even smiled! I am glad that we were blessed with the opportunity to visit her before she goes home to be with the Lord.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you Carrie for sending this most precious picture of Grandma Oakley! What a blessing for me to see you and Luke with her! She looks very frail, just as you mentioned. Blessings to you all,
    Love Always,
    Mom

     
  • At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what an great experience to have gotten to visit her. she looks so happy to meet Luke! My thoughts are with you
    Jessica

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger drbugge said…

    She looked like she really enjoyed seeing Luke. That was awesome that you had that time and the pictures to remember it by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home